Thursday, April 29, 2010

DAILY DIFFERENCE DEVOTION 04/29/2010

Jesus answered and said to her, "If you knew the gift of God, and who it is who says to you, 'Give Me a drink,' you would have asked Him, and He would have given you living water." (John 4:10 NASB)

TELL THEM WHAT YOU KNOW

One thing about me is I do not like to appear like I don’t know anything.  In fact, if I am not knowledgeable on a subject, I will quickly try and divert a conversation to what I do know.  Why?  I am just confident and secure about the information I do know. 

I have watched Walter Martin quote scriptures in their original bible languages while doing apologetics.  It amazes me to the point I’ve tried to learn Hebrew & Greek, just so I can ramble off in Martin’s way, thinking that will do something to better my witnessing.  What I haven’t realized is Walter Martin spoke what he knows.  He was confident in the Lord that he could speak in such a way.  Jesus Christ did the same thing when speaking with the woman of Samaria.

Verse 10 of John, shows that Jesus Christ spoke what He knew.  He knew He was the Messiah, He spoke plainly to the woman that He was the One.  This was not prideful at all.  He confidently spoke what He knew, and this the woman recognized.  This kind of boldness goes long ways.  Jesus Christ drew men with this confidence (Matthew 7:29-29).

The best thing you can do when sharing about your Lord Jesus Christ is tell people what you know.  Be confident in what you know about Jesus Christ and tell them that.  You don’t have to be sounding like all these popular preachers.  No, you tell people what you know.  Listen to what the blind man said in John 9:

He answered and said, Whether he be a sinner [or no], I know not: one thing I know, that, whereas I was blind, now I see. (John 9:25)


Some Scriptures references: Jeremiah 1:8-10, Matthew 7:28-29

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you disagree with what has been said, you may comment, yet this comment section will not become a debate forum with me. I read all comments so please as well watch your language. Comments with profanity/evil intent/threats/ads for anti-Christ websites etc will not be published. Thank you for your comments.