Sunday, February 24, 2008

Who do we worship?

For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal? Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man? I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.
(1 Corinthians 3:4-6)


Thou shalt have no other gods before me. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; And showing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
(Exodus 20:3-6)


We should always place our trust, our worship, our everything into the hands of the Lord. But sometimes we, as the beloved of Jesus Christ, can fault in the area of worshiping teachers and pastors. Don't get it twisted, there are some great Bible teachers out there. You've got John MacArthur, John Piper, John E. Coleman and many others that will give you get expository teaching of the bible. We must be very careful not to hold these men higher then the Lord God Almighty who made them and us.

At one time, I found it hard to understand how people could worship their "passa". I had a friend tell me that he would do anything his pastor told him ,even if it was wrong because God speaks through that man. I wondered how can you worship such a man? How can you put your trust in such a man that is leading you down a wrong path. Then, I was confronted when I began listening to what good bible teachers had to say more the voice of Jesus Christ from the scriptures.

This is what we must understand:

It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man. It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in princes.
(Psalms 118:8-9)


Good and upright is the LORD: therefore will he teach sinners in the way.
(Psalms 25:8)


But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
(John 14:26)


God will teach us. We don't have to put our trust in the pastor or the "man of God"! Our true dedication is to be to the Lord Jesus Christ. Placing turst in a man is dangerous because at some point in time man is going to say something that is off. Yet the scriptures are true and enough for us to learn Godliness. In no way does that mean Christ is not in good biblical pastors, butlet us recognize the Lord Jesus Christ in them and not the man. I leave you with these words of scripture:


Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
(2 Timothy 2:15)


God bless;

Karsten Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you disagree with what has been said, you may comment, yet this comment section will not become a debate forum with me. I read all comments so please as well watch your language. Comments with profanity/evil intent/threats/ads for anti-Christ websites etc will not be published. Thank you for your comments.