Wednesday, May 12, 2010

DAILY DIFFERENCE DEVOTION 05/12/2010

Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God, which is in thee by the putting on of my hands. For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God; (2 Timothy 1:6-8)

"BE A PARTAKER"

The name for this blog came from a deceased Jewish friend of mine.  I met Allan Goldman the first day I came to work at my desk.  We became very good friends after that.  Allan was a different guy though.  He was a schizophrenic, prejudice, plus he would rarely take a bath or wash his clothes.  He had a hoarding problem at his home as well; and yet he became one of my closet buddies on the job.  He introduced me to the blog world back in 2006.  He would always be known to say to me, "we got to make a difference Karsten….we are the difference makers".  I was thinking to myself, "we"?  Allan really wanted me to be a partaker in this blog thing.  He wanted me to come along side him and experience his world.  So, I partook, and decided the name would be 'Difference Maker'.  I had now become a partaker.

Allan was not a Christian but he understood something similar to what Paul through the power of the Holy Ghost, was making known to us and Timothy.  Timothy was fearful, although he was one who knew the word of God (2 Timothy 3:15); he needed to now carry on the Word of God.  He needed to partake in the afflictions of being a Christian delivering the Word of God.  Paul in this text is guiding Timothy to be apart of what comes with the Gospel.  Are you partaking with the Lord Jesus Christ?

Sygkakopatheō
means to suffer hardship with.  Are we suffering hardship with Christ?  What are we doing?  Are we just sitting up in the pew gathering all we can only to do nothing with it?  This should not be but I admonish you to take part in the afflictions of the Gospel.  Be a partaker.  Get in this thing, learn bible theology, learn proper biblical hermeneutics and take the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the world.

So many times we want to benefit, when we need to partaking.  Allan wanted me to be with him in the blog world.  Christ wants the believer, to partake with Him. You should not be learning for nothing.  You should be learning to partake. Come, partake in His sufferings.


Scripture references: 1 Kings 19:19-21, Ruth 1:6-18, John 15:19-20, 2 Timothy 2:1-6

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you disagree with what has been said, you may comment, yet this comment section will not become a debate forum with me. I read all comments so please as well watch your language. Comments with profanity/evil intent/threats/ads for anti-Christ websites etc will not be published. Thank you for your comments.