Tuesday, November 03, 2009

GETTING REAL: YOU CANNOT FOOL GOD

GETTING REAL: YOU CANNOT FOOL GOD


Recently, my next door neighbor was evicted from their home.  Nobody really saw it coming, and it happened so fast, that not many chip in and really help the family out.  It was a Friday evening when I noticed the eviction noticed posted on their door, and by Monday, they were out on the street.  The eviction movers pulled up and hauled out everything that my neighbor had left in the house.  What amazed me were people showed up at the house to claim some of the things being thrown on the street.  In a quick time, my friend went from having everything seeming to go right in his life to having nothing.  My neighbors at times would argue and fight some nights as we’d hear them yelling at each other.  When they where outside of their house it nothing but smiles and good times.  They had their children in private school; they went on vacation many times, everything just looked so right.  They even went to church to sometimes.  One day an eviction notice appeared on their door and out they go.  Many neighbors claimed to felt bad for what happened, but I pondered a bit on this thing, thinking about the Lord Jesus Christ.

There were signs of my neighbors having problems.  Constant fighting which my wife and I heard several times.  Several times my neighbors’ parking spot would be taken away (When you don’t pay your HOA fees, they come and put NO PARKING on your space to embarrass you and hopefully workout a way to pay your HOA fees).  One day their daughter told us their lights had been cut off.  The signs were there but our neighbors still tried to live like everything was going great with them.  The question comes, is that how you are playing your Christianity?

Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock. And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it. (Matthew 7:24-27)

This verse comes in a chapter where Jesus Christ in His sermon on the mount is doing a comparison between the true believer and the false one.  Today America is filled with such things.  There are many, I believe a majority claiming to live for the Lord Jesus Christ.  They posses what you would think are all the outward signs of a Christian, but they know not the Lord Jesus Christ (Some can even exegete and speak so well, yet are fooling you).  They claim that God talks to them, that God shows them their sin, yet they haven’t repented from one single sin.  They are the GOOD PEOPLE, the people that seem so loving to everybody.  Their idea of Jesus Christ is such a loving and caring Jesus, one whose compassion is always putting out and arm around someone, and smiling and laughing at everything.  They like to hear scriptures and can quote a few, BUT THEY KNOW NOT GOD.  If you could see the outward manifestation of their heart, they would hate the Lord Jesus Christ.

Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near [me] with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men: (Isaiah 29:13)

Let me tell you truthfully, I was one of those people.  I said all the right things, but I hated the Lord Jesus Christ. I sat in a sound bible church, participated in Godly events, yet my heart was far from Christ.  I fooled many people, even my ex-girlfriend who thought and spoke to me as if I was I Christian.  Yet me fornicating with her didn’t even cross her mind, I was just as depraved as she was. I fooled Christians and so-called Christians saying things that sounded Godly.  Ask someone who knew me from my past, they’ll say, Karsten was a good Christian boy.  I never did any wrong in their eyes, but I was as depraved as a homosexual.  There was one who was not fooled: GOD.

I didn’t fool God, and neither will these people.  In a sudden moment, these people will be swept up, they will loose everything, and it will be known who they are?  ARE YOU ONE?  Woe unto you if you are playing Christianity.  REPENT and turn to the Lord Jesus Christ!!!!!

Like sheep they are laid in the grave; death shall feed on them; and the upright shall have dominion over them in the morning; and their beauty shall consume in the grave from their dwelling.  (Psalms 49:14)

Righteous [art] thou, O LORD, when I plead with thee: yet let me talk with thee of [thy] judgments: Wherefore doth the way of the wicked prosper? [wherefore] are all they happy that deal very treacherously?  Thou hast planted them, yea, they have taken root: they grow, yea, they bring forth fruit: thou [art] near in their mouth, and far from their reins.  But thou, O LORD, knowest me: thou hast seen me, and tried mine heart toward thee: pull them out like sheep for the slaughter, and prepare them for the day of slaughter.  (Jeremiah 12:1-3)

Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn. (Matthew 13:30)

They profess that they know God; but in works they deny [him], being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.  (Titus 1:16)

Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core. These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds [they are] without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots; Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever. And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,
(Jude 1:11-14)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you disagree with what has been said, you may comment, yet this comment section will not become a debate forum with me. I read all comments so please as well watch your language. Comments with profanity/evil intent/threats/ads for anti-Christ websites etc will not be published. Thank you for your comments.