Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Getting Real: I am not right!

And some days after Paul said unto Barnabas, Let us go again and visit our brethren in every city where we have preached the word of the Lord, [and see] how they do. And Barnabas determined to take with them John, whose surname was Mark. But Paul thought not good to take him with them, who departed from them from Pamphylia, and went not with them to the work. And the contention was so sharp between them, that they departed asunder one from the other: and so Barnabas took Mark, and sailed unto Cyprus; And Paul chose Silas, and departed, being recommended by the brethren unto the grace of God. And he went through Syria and Cilicia, confirming the churches. (Acts 15:36-41)………. Only Luke is with me. Take Mark, and bring him with thee: for he is profitable to me for the ministry. (2 Timothy 4:11)

I have seen it all over the blogs, including with myself, something happens in Christendom or with a church in America, and we go wild! Everybody begins to write about the wrongs in the Body of Christ and how the church in America is going south. I see Christians on Facebook, joining together attacking the clergy expressing “their” problems with the church. They make little smart remarks about how the leadership is doing this and not doing that. Everybody is deceived and the convictions they have are what’s right. I definitely have done this. I have done this several times with this blog because of my frustration at the evils with what false teachers have done to people I care about and love. In that process, I have bashed good hardworking pastors, and great Christian loving, bible believing church facilities, all for the sake of speaking what truth I have found to be right. I think I am right and that is the standard to which the Body of Jesus Christ should live by. Oh no, I am wrong. Here’s why:

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. (John 14:6)

Jesus Christ said He was the way. He didn’t say John Calvin was the way, or New Covenant theology was the right way, nor dispensationalism was the way, Jesus Christ said out of His own lips: HE IS THE WAY, HE IS THE TRUTH, HE IS THE LIFE. He’s right, not me. What I think about the church is not right. What I believe or my opinion is nothing when compared to the Lord Jesus Christ, the head of the church. My doctrinal views just don’t match up no matter how right I think I am. Oh what pride it is to think you know something but looking at the Lord Jesus Christ, we know nothing.

I am the vine, ye [are] the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. (John 15:5)

Who is right, me or Jesus Christ? Do I think that because I say something, that I have the correct answer? Oh I can display all the scripture texts, transliterations, or contexts all I want, does that make me right or God’s Word correct, true, and infallible. See, I don’t see I’m wrong because I am right about everything. I argue because I believe my position is right. I think I know, I think got the answer when truthfully, I am wrong and the Lord Jesus Christ is King. Look, let’s be real, when you are firing off or venting your frustrations, don’t you think in your brain how right you are? Yes, I do. I use this incident that happened to me to illustrate what is being said here:

I had gotten upset at my mother-in-law’s house at my wife. I was so angry at my wife Shannon, I didn’t speak to my wife, although I spoke to my children and those in the room, just not my wife. Later on that evening, I received an e-mail from my mother-in-law saying that during my anger, my niece had tried to get my attention, and I shrugged her off not realizing it. My mother law was asking to I happen to see that when I was upset.


I didn’t notice my niece at all, though I thought I was speaking to others in the room out of respect. See, I thought I was right. Be very wise in the words you use before you speak against something that ticks you off. Before you go insulting the churches in America, saying all the ones in your town have fallen off, wait a minute! You are wrong. There are good churches out there, you just don’t see it, so you are not right! Before I go speaking against Christians in America, I better clarify which group I am really addressing: real Christians or false professors! This post is to me, I write this to me and the pride I have held up thinking I am right about every issue, on everything in God’s Word. Let us look to Christ, let us look to the Lord Jesus Christ and see how He responded.


But found none: yea, though many false witnesses came, [yet] found they none. At the last came two false witnesses, And said, This [fellow] said, I am able to destroy the temple of God, and to build it in three days. And the high priest arose, and said unto him, Answerest thou nothing? what [is it which] these witness against thee? But Jesus held his peace. And the high priest answered and said unto him, I adjure thee by the living God, that thou tell us whether thou be the Christ, the Son of God. Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven. (Matthew 26:60-64)


Why didn’t He just argue that He was the Son of God? Why didn’t He just bash their evil ways? Why didn’t Jesus Christ make a smart snickering comment against them? Nope, He held His peace and then responded. Yet somebody says one thing we don’t agree with and we go flipping mad. We get the writing and producing YouTube clips, making comments to our friends, laughing at and mocking the Body of Christ. Wow! Am I right in such behavior? Or should I be telling of my Lord an Savior, saying to men to repent, and letting the Lord Jesus Christ receive all glory?


I pray all of us bloggers, YouTubers, Facebook lovers and friends would really consider our words and actions before we go spewing our venom across the Internet.If it is truth, then speak it, or if one is erring, then correct it. If you are spitting angry venom, and trying to justify it through asking a mocking question, hey consider your ways please.You don’t know which Christian you may have just murdered.I am not saying we shouldn’t explain our beliefs, but we must watch that we don’t make our convictions biblical truth, let Christ alone do that. Contend for the faith, not for your beliefs.I am not right, you are not right, the Lord Jesus Christ is right, that’s it hands down.

God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged. (Romans 3:4)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you disagree with what has been said, you may comment, yet this comment section will not become a debate forum with me. I read all comments so please as well watch your language. Comments with profanity/evil intent/threats/ads for anti-Christ websites etc will not be published. Thank you for your comments.