Sunday, August 30, 2009

The Question Series: Oprah's view of going to church?

Is Oprah's view of going to church biblical? What is the truth about going to church? Are believer's to assemble? What pops in your mind when you hear Oprah declare her thoughts about going to church? Just want to get you thinking and opening the Word of God. Check out the video.

What do I think? I think Oprah's view is unbiblical. The truth is, as a believer, why would you not want to gather around other believers. I don't believe that Jesus Christ church is a building, nor do I believe it is just one Christian theology or denomination (i.e. Calvinism, Reformed, New Covenant, or Baptist, etc). The church is where believers in the Lord Jesus Christ assemble (meet physically) together to worship God in spirit and in truth. Now that can be in your home, a building, a parking lot etc, I hope you get what I mean. Whether you agree or not, I think in hearing Oprah's thoughts, you'll be certain that the Lord Jesus Christ is the head of His church.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you disagree with what has been said, you may comment, yet this comment section will not become a debate forum with me. I read all comments so please as well watch your language. Comments with profanity/evil intent/threats/ads for anti-Christ websites etc will not be published. Thank you for your comments.